Bilingual picture books help fluent readers of one language learn another easily.
1. Five Chinese Brothers [English-Kannada English-Tamil English-Hindi]
A story of how five brothers exploited the gift of nature — their look-alikeness — to save one of them who was sentenced to death unjustly.
2. Mahagiri [English-Kannada]
This is a heartwarming story of a compassionate elephant.
3. The Girl Who Hated Books [English-Kannada]
A story of a girl who hated books; she discovers the pleasure of reading and begins to love them.
4. Bobak Goat [English-Kannada]
A story of a goat — Bobak, who decided, one day, not to follow his leader. Bobak then started to think for himself. This gave him much happiness.
5. The Little Rabbit [English-Kannada English-Hindi]
A story of a rabbit, called the littlest rabbit, which traces the anxieties and difficulties of being small.
6. I Was Walking Down The Road [English-Kannada]
A book for young children. Repeated usage of sentences with the same structure makes it a good resource for language teaching.
7. The Giving Tree [English-Kannada]
A simple story about the love a tree has for a boy.
8. The Story About Ping [English-Tamil]
The adventure of a beautiful duck called Ping.